1. Purpose and applicability
(herein after referred to as “we
”) uses and protects information that you give to it when you use SocialClout.com
”) and/or when you register as a user of the SocialClout services.
- what information we collect from you
- how we use the information that we collect from you
- where we store your information and how long we retain your information for
- the measures we take to ensure privacy and security of your information
- your rights to access and control your information that we hold
2. What information we collect from you
We may collect the following information from you when you use the Website:
- name and company information
- your contact details, including email address
- your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platform account identifiers and information
information about where you are on the internet (for example, the URL you came from and your IP address), your
browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located
- other information that may be relevant to your business or the specific services that you require
- payment details, where you sign up for a paid-for service
3. How we use your information
We will use the information that we collect from you to understand your requirements and provide you with the service that you require,
and in particular will use your information:
- for identification and authentication purposes, when you visit the Website and/or log in to your account
- for internal record keeping and reporting (including statistical analysis) and to compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
- to provide the SocialClout services to you, including monitoring activity on your Facebook pages and accounts with LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media platforms
- to contact and correspond with you on issues relating to your account and/or subscription, to respond to your inquiries, to monitor your use of the Website and to improve the Website and our services
- enforce our Terms of Service and Policies; resolve disputes and collect fees; prevent or respond to prohibited or illegal activities;
- to send you emails (and other correspondence) about other SocialClout services, other products and services offered by eClerx Services Limited and other information that we think you may find interesting or helpful
We may share your information with other group companies of eClerx Services Ltd, who may also use your information for the purposes set out
above and also to send you emails (and other correspondence) about eClerx products and services.
At any time, you may ask eClerx and/or SocialClout to stop sending you emails and other information by contacting
We also may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that content or
other material on the Website violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s property or safety. Such information will be disclosed in
accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations, subject to appropriate confidentiality and data privacy agreements;
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a government investigation;
- Third parties that provide a valid subpoena or court order; or
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
4. Where we store your information and how long we retain it for
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, India, the United States and other countries that eClerx deems
appropriate from time-to-time. It may also be processed by staff outside the country in which you are based, who work for us or for one of
our suppliers. These countries that we transfer your data to may not provide the same level of protection for Personal Data as within
your country of residence. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take
SocialClout retains the information collected for a period reasonably required for business purposes or for a period as required under any law.
5. Security practices and procedures
We comply with the eClerx Information Security Policy at
(which is based on international standard IS/ ISO/ICE 27001) when managing your information and use commercially reasonable physical,
managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information (including transferring any financial
information that you provide to us over an encrypted connection using SSL technology to our payment gateway and not storing any
credit or debit card information on the SocialClout systems).
Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not always secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any
information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. As mentioned above, once we receive your transmission of information,
we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security in our systems. However, please note we cannot guarantee the security of
your information in our system and that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our
physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
We do not place any cookies or similar technologies on your devices when you use the Website or the SocialClout applications. However, if you
access the SocialClout services via social media authentication, the relevant social media platforms (e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn)
may place cookies and similar technologies on your devices. In these circumstances, you should refer to the relevant social media providers'
All of the major browsers offer tips and guidance for managing the cookies available on your browser and, in many cases, you can control
which cookies you get and which you keep on your device through your browser settings. There are also lots of different third party browser
plug ins and extensions available which you can download to make it easier to see and control your cookies.
You can find out more about cookies by visiting the following websites:
Some of these sites enable you to opt out of the use of certain cookies (in addition to the control settings on your browser).
7. Other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites. When you click one of these links, you will connect with another website. We have no
responsibility or control over any linked websites or their privacy policies or the manner in which they collect, use or
disclose your personally identifiable information.
time to stay aware of any changes.
9. Your rights to access and control your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data)
if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at info@SocialClout.com
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you, subject to paying a small fee. If you would like a copy of the
personal information that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com
Please also contact us on this address if you believe that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or if you have any
further questions on how we use your information.